Spring is in the air at the Chelsea Sun Inn. Not only are the fields being prepared for corn, soy, hay and alfalfa, the chickens are busy laying and hatching eggs, the horses are enjoying the warming spring air, the pool and hot-tub are being prepped for opening, and buds will soon be appearing on trees and flowers!
Our 2012 batch of fruit wines is well-underway, as the Stonehenge Vineyard and Winery, located at the Chelsea Sun Inn, is bottling its new wines. Our Cranberry Wine and Peach Chardonnay are two of the lighter selections, as well as our traditional cabernet sauvignons or chardonnays. We offer introductory wine-making classes at the Chelsea Sun Inn, allowing guests to select the wine to make, design their own labels, and to participate in the first steps of wine-making.
The Poconos region, Delaware Water Gap and Lehigh Valley is bustling, with activities for people of all ages and interests. In addition to a myriad of activities available daily, here is a list of just some of the upcoming area events:
- Pocono Arts events (throughout the spring and summer);
- Farm Animal Frolic at Quiet Valley Living Historical Farm (May 19-20 or May 26-27);
- Shawnee Celtic Fest (May 26-27);
- Pocono Mountain Bluegrass Festival (June 14-16);
- 22nd Concours D’Elegance (June 22-24);
- Poconos Wurst Festival (July 14-15);
- Pocono State Craft Festival (August 25-26);
- Pocono Garlic Festival (September 1-2);
- Stroudfest (September 1);
- Cota Jazz and Arts Festival (September 7-9);
- Shawnee Mountain Rodeo and Chili Cook-Off (September 22-23);
- The Great Pocono Pumpkin Festival and Fright Nights (September 28-October 28);
- Autumn Timber Festival (October 6-7);
- 2012 Pocono Mountains Elvis Festival (October 19-20).
Oh, and for NASCAR fans, The Pocono Raceway is getting ready for the 2012 season. The Pocono 400 is on June 8-10, and the Pennsylvania 400, is on August 3-5. Located a mere 31 miles away from the Raceway, the Chelsea Sun Inn is excited to accommodate racing fans.
If watching cars drive around in circles not enough action for you, well then worry no more, because The Pocono raceway offers the opportunity to drive or ride along in a professional Stock Car or Participate in NASCAR approved driving school.
How about a group getaway? We can reserve separate rooms or the entire facility can be booked by a group of up to 15 people, reserve while rooms last.